CIAPS Director to Speak at Business A.M SME Conference 2019
All is now set for the 2019 Business A.M. SME Conference where the future of SME banking in Nigeria will be discussed.
The event slated to take place at the VCP Hotel, 292b Ajose Adeogun Street, Lagos on Wednesday, 27th November, 2019. The event starts at 9am and will have amongst its conference speakers CIAPS Centre Director, Prof Anthony Kila an expert of SME Starts up Growth, JVs and Internalisation.
Participants at the event will include heads of SME banking, assistant heads, heads of risk, retail, marketing, strategy, product managers, e-commerce, online product managers; digital payments, and business development managers, SMEs, business owners and SME managers and startups.
Other speakers at the event sponsored by the Bank of Industry will include:
- Dr. Effiong Essien a Senior Special Assistant to the President on ERGP (2017-2019).
- Mrs. Ekaette Umoh, founding CEO of Business Support Microfinance Bank, & currently Lead Consultant, Eka- ville Consulting.
- Dr. Emmanuel M. Abolo the Director General, The Economic Thinktank Centre Limited and GMD/CEO, The Risk Management
- Tope Kolade Fasua, founder and CEO of Global Analytics Consulting Limited, an international consulting firm.
- Dr Omo Oleghe, MD of Rite Pak Co Ltd, a mid-sized flexible packging manufacturer.
- Roy Ovbiagele, CEO of Davos Bertha, a Financial Solutions company.
- Abiodun Adegboye CEO of Conscendo Associates.
- Dr Nicholas Allo Chief Executive Officer at Visual Earth, a digital strategy firm.
- Idorenyen (Idy) Enang, CEO of Corporate Shepherds Limited.
This event aims to provide useful and usable insights into what gaps exist and what the managers of SME banking must do to put SME banking on the pedestal for greater impact on SMEs and profit for the banks so that the commitment of the CBN and other development banks in making SMEs in Nigeria take the lead in the continuous march to economic growth and development, job creation and employment generation a realizable goal.
Key areas of focus of the event will include
- Business Management and Business Efficiency
- Opportunities for SMEs in the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan
- Leveraging Technology For Business Growth: Making it Work for SMEs
- Innovation: Does it Make SMEs Productive?
- Accessing CBN and Bank of Industry SMEs Funds: What You Must Know and Do.
- Paradigm shift in SME Financing: What is it?
- Digitisation as the next frontier in business banking
- Customer Reinvention: From lending to growing
Special Guest at the event include Olukayode Pitan Managing Director/CEO Bank of Industry, Dr. Dikko Umaru Radda Director General/CEO Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN), Muda Yusuf Director General Lagos Chamber of Comerce and Industry (LCCI).
Participation at the event is free but registration is required.
CIAPS Students and Graduates and other friends of CIAPS can register and get their pass from Centre.