“Class Action is one of those important areas of law to which legal experts in developing countries dangerously do not pay attention…”
-Anthony A Kila
This is an initiative of the Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies, with input from the Cambridge Law Society, The American Law Society, The Nigerian Bar Association and The African Bar Association.
It is aimed at experienced and new Legal Practitioners as well as Judges and Magistrates who want to improve their performance and those who are new to the role but want to reach high levels.
The programme has been designed bearing in mind the need of and with a lot of inputs from Lawyers and Judges, Legal Secretaries and Commissioners, Legislators, Advisers, Human Rights Activists, Consumer Protection Experts and Consultants from various industries across Africa.
The main purpose of this programme is to help create Class Action Experts that can successfully manage the inevitable challenges and opportunities inherent to Class Action in developing countries.
Legal Experts of the future will understand that the nature of their job is changing and affected by technology, they will be able to make the most of social media and technology in general, be versatile and capable of taking initiatives.
A survey carried out recently amongst Chairmen and Directors, Diplomats, Ministers and Commissioners, Legislators, Advisers, Media Practitioners, Human Rights Activists, Consumer Protection Experts and top Consultants revealed that most of them understand that Class Action is fast gaining grounds in Nigeria and they all want legal experts who work closely with them to have a good understand of analysing and managing Class Action for and against them.
Key Areas to be covered in this workshop include:
- Class Action and Locus Standi
- Initiating Class Action
- Class Action and the Media
- ICT, New Media and Class Action
- Managing with Wavering Clients
- Overview of Class Action in Nigeria
- History and Development of Class Action in the UK
- History and Development of Class Action in the USA & Canada
By the end of this programme, participants will go back to their work places with clear ideas on how to improve performance in their practices and how to better assist their team in achieving results.
- Know how to analyse and manage the initiation Class Actions
- Understand how to deal with wavering clients and conflict of interests in Class Actions
- Have a good idea of how to deal with the media
- Know how to use modern methods & technologies to manage Class Action tasks and activities
- Have a good understanding of the origins, development and future of Class Actions
Venue CIAPS 21 Adekunle Fajuyi Crescent off Adeniyi Jones Ikeja Lagos
Date and Time: Friday 27th April 2018. From 2pm prompt plus a wrap up Cocktail from 6pm
Fees. This covers:
- Course Materials
- Workshop Session
- Cocktail delivered by Lo Sifzio
Cost for the programme per delegate is 125 USD (45,000 Naira).
- Early Bird Booking 15% Discounts for Bookings done by 15 April 2018
- Group of 2 to 5 people 15% Discount
- Group of 6 upwards 20% Discount
For reservation and further enquiries please click here or Call us on +23413428624 or +2349022442197