Cambridge International Certificate Programme Starts in September
Are you teaching or interested in teaching? This might be for you or someone you know.
Lagos based International Graduate School, CIAPS, has announced that its 2018 International Cambridge International Certificate Programme will start on Saturday 1stSetember 2018.
The event aimed at new and experienced teachers as well as tutors and heads of tutoring organisation from Europe, Africa and some Commonwealth countries is an initiative of the Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies, with input from ECAPS Cambridge.
The programme is also organised as a forum to network and allow educationists, regulators and managers share practices, reflection and observation with top practitioners and academics across globe. It will be an opportunity to share direct and inside tips about our ever-moving education sector.
In a statement posted on the CIAPS’s website and confirmed by a CIAPS Faculty Member, Ms Juomke Okusanya, key Areas to be covered in the International Tutor Certificate Programme include:
- Teaching and Tutoring Compared
- Roles and Functions of a Professional Tutor Today
- Strategies for Subject Knowledge for Tutors
- Analysis of Student Types and Learning Styles
- Diagnosis and Management of Student
- Types and Learning Styles
- Strategies for Efficient Delivery
- Techniques of Constructive Feedback
- Skills for Dealing with other Stakeholders
- Ethics for a Professional Tutor
- Strategies for becoming an Inspiring Tutor
Ms Okusanya also stated there are some part bursaries and payment plan available for interested participants and that by end of the programme, successful participants will
- Become Certified Tutors and will be authorised to use the CT designation in front of their names.
- Participate in the production of a book to be launched in January 2019 and be used in International Schools.
The programme is slated for five Saturdays and will hold at CIAPS 21 Adekunle Fajuyi Crescent off Adeniyi Jones. Ikeja Lagos. Non-Lagos based participants will be able to follow the programme online.
Interested participants can register or make enquiries by visiting the Center’s website https://ciaps.org/course/international-tutor-certificate/